Fluency in the Language of Leadership
What I do
I help bring people clarity and self-awareness to their unique leadership, communication, and behavioral styles and strengths. I do so using a unique set of personality/behavioral surveys (DISC and Values). These survey tools are very powerful individually but are most powerful when used together. I am formally certified in behavioral and personality profiling using these tools.
Many people I talk to have mentioned to me:
“Matt, I have taken a personality assessment before, and I already know my DISC/color/animal/acronym, etc. Why is what you do any different?”
What makes my process unique is the combination of both surveys along with their interpretation.Think of your leadership style like an iceberg. There are components and tendencies related to your behavioral and leadership style that are observable to you and others (the top of the iceberg).
These observable behavioral tendencies can be determined by taking the DISC profile. Just as the majority of an iceberg sits under the water and is unobservable, so are your key drivers and motivators. The things that drive your observable behavioral tendencies come from below the surface. The Values assessment determines your basic human drive for behavior showing “WHY” you behave the way you do.
DiSC assessment and its benefits
This Innermetrix Disc Index is a modern interpretation of Dr. William Marston's behavioral dimensions. Marston's research uncovered four quadrants of behavior which help to understand a person's behavioral preferences. This Disc Index will help you understand your behavioral style and how to maximize your potential.
About This Report
Research conducted by Innermetrix shows that the most successful people share the common trait of self-awareness. They recognize the situations that will make them successful, and this makes it easy for them to find ways of achieving objectives that fit their behavioral style. They also understand their limitations and where they are not effective and this helps them understand where not to go or how not to be as well. Those who understand their natural behavioral preferences are far more likely to pursue the right opportunities, in the right way, at the right time, and get the results they desire.
This report measures four dimensions of your behavioral style. They are:
- Decisive — your preference for problem solving and getting results
- Interactive — your preference for interacting with others and showing emotion
- Stability — your preference for pacing, persistence and steadiness
- Cautious — your preference for procedures, standards and protocols
This report includes:
- The Elements of DISC — Educational background behind the profile, the science and the four dimensions of behavior
- The DISC Dimensions — A closer look at each of your four behavioral dimensions
- Style Summary — A comparison of your natural and adaptive behavioral styles
- Behavioral Strengths — A detailed strengths-based description of your overall behavioral style
- Communication — Tips on how you like to communicate and be communicated with
- Ideal Job Climate — Your ideal work environment
- Effectiveness — Insights into how you can be more effective by understanding your behavior
- Behavioral Motivations — Ways to ensure your environment is motivational
- Continual Improvement — Areas where you can focus on improving
- Training & Learning Style — Your preferred means of sharing and receiving styles
- Relevance Section — Making the information real and pertinent to you
- Success Connection — Connecting your style to your own life
Values assessment and its benefits
This Innermetrix Values Index is a combination of the research of Dr. Eduard Spranger and Gordon Allport into what drives and motivates an individual. The seven dimensions of value discovered between these two researchers help understand the reasons that drive an individual to utilize their talents in the unique way they do. This Values Index will help you understand your motivators and drivers and how to maximize your performance by achieving better alignment and passion for what you do.
Research conducted by Innermetrix shows that the most successful people share the common trait of self-awareness. They recognize the situations that will make them successful, and this makes it easy for them to find ways of achieving objectives that resonate with their motivations. They also understand their limitations and where they are not effective and this helps them understand what does not inspire them or what will not motivate them to succeed. Those who understand their natural motivators better are far more likely to pursue the right opportunities, for the right reasons, and get the results they desire.
This report measures seven dimensions of motivation. They are:
- Aesthetic - a drive for balance, harmony and form.
- Economic - a drive for economic or practical returns.
- Individualistic - a drive to stand out as independent and unique.
- Political - a drive to be in control or have influence.
- Altruist - a drive for humanitarian efforts or to help others altruistically.
- Regulatory - a drive to establish order, routine and structure.
- Theoretical - a drive for knowledge, learning and understanding.
How the process works
Step one: You or your group (see “3 ways to hire me below) spend 10-15 minutes taking both the DISC and Values surveys prior to our engagement. Your results are immediately emailed to me and you.
Step two: I will provide you or your group with a personal detailed debrief and explanation time where I help you understand, process and accept your leadership language, as well as show you how you can use your unique wiring's to excel both personally and professionally.
Who I work with
CEOs, entrepreneurs and company team members.
- A company is nothing more than humans serving humans. People coming together under a common mission, vision and goal to drive towards an outcome; and because you can only lead others to the degree you can understand them, this process is invaluable for a business leader.
Students: high school and college
- It can be vital to the success of a student to understand their wiring's and where they will best fit career wise before investing a great deal of money and time into a course of study that they later discover doesn’t resonate with their style and wiring. I have spoken to and brought insight to students from high school to college level in regards to their career and studies paths, and overall life and leadership skills.
Married and Premarried Couples
- One of the most frequently asked questions I get when working one on one or in a group setting is, “can my spouse/sig other” take this? I would love to see their results”. I work a lot with individuals but also with married and soon to be married couples helping them understand their personal strengths, communication styles and wirings. I bring insight into how each person in the couple can more effectively communicate, adapt, and understand their partner.
Three ways to hire me
- Leadership Style Workshop:
My typical workshop lasts 2.5-3 hours. All attendees complete their surveys prior. During the workshop, I spend 30-45 minutes reviewing and explaining the details of both the DISC and Values surveys, and spend the rest of the time debriefing individual members of the audience in the group setting. These open discussions lead to rich and deep insights for all team members involved. Some of the other benefits include:
- Increase effectiveness and productivity in communication with team members as well as for others that team serves.
- Understanding and recognizing your own personal behavioral pattern and motivational drivers in addition to the patterns and drivers of others on your team.
- Creating a common language and framework a team can understand and implement.
- Increased depth of relationships with current customers, team members, vendors and partners.
- Tools and insights to adapt to the behavioral and motivational styles of those you serve.
- Conflict resolution.
- Ability to quickly read someone from a quick handshake, telephone call and other methods of communication.
- A perfect recruiting or vetting tool while adding new team members, as well as retention tool for current team members.
- One-on-One Leadership Style Debrief:
Spend an hour with me one on one to deeply dig into your survey results and discuss all the ways to advance your life, relationships and business.
- Couples Leadership Style Debrief:
Spend an hour with me (many times, my wife Emily joins) to dig into your survey results and discuss how to advance your relationship as a couple.